Saturday, October 1, 2011

Beauty Is Everywhere; So Stop And Smell The Roses



     Beauty is everywhere in the world. And beauty means something different to everyone. To me, I find beauty in a multitude of things. Life is full of beauty; a lot of it could be superficial like the kids from 'Toddlers and Tiaras.' However, to me, I find more beauty in natural things. Beauty is everywhere, you just have to look for it.
    
     Since it is now fall, my favorite season, you can walk down the street and probably find thousands of things that are beautiful in just five minutes. I know I do. I will walk down my street and I could get entranced by the clouds moving in the sky. The bright colored leaves falling off the trees. Animals singing their tunes. The cool breeze whoosh past me. A hummingbird zipping by. Beauty, to me, is entrancing. It's not this superficial idea that society has made us believe (or try to believe).
     Nature is a very beautiful thing in my eyes. Even the natural disasters that Mother Nature throws our way are beautiful. Scary, yes, but also beautiful. Same with any kind of natural storm. I guess that's what makes me different. I think that storms are prettier than the sun. I prefer cloudy days as to sunny days. I like night rather than day. My mom calls me a vampire for it.
     Speaking of vampires. Vampires are known to be beautiful. They entrance you. Mermaids. Fairies. Mythical creatures who have beauty.

     My absolutely favorite actress, Audrey Hepburn, I feel was very beautiful. She wasn't perfect. She was quirky. She had her faults. But that's what made her beautiful. She had flaws, so she wasn't perfect (nobody is and the sooner people realize that, the better off and more beautiful they will be). She was kind and kept other people in her mind.

     Beauty is not hard to find, you just have to open your eyes and look. Most of the time pretty is on the outside of people and beauty is in the inside. I fully believe in that. I also believe that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder (Plato).

     The next time you walk down the street, stop and smell the roses. Embrace the beauty that nature is giving you and it will make you a bit happier; it always does for me.


xoxo,
Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. I think this post is beautiful! I totally agree with it. I freaking love fall. It is the most beautiful season to me. Also, the colors that storms make are so amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete