Monday, October 3, 2011

A Little Update & A Little Passion/Virginity

THE UPDATE:: Okay, so most of you have noticed that we haven't had very many postings as of lately. Most of it is due to schooling. Unfortunately, Vicki will no longer be writing with us because it's too much for her at this time. So we will be looking for at least 1 more girl (depending on if we hear from everyone else). For now, I will be taking over on Mondays. Also, we'd love to have some Guest Bloggers! It's 16 weeks into this and we have only had 1 person send in a post and hers is being featured on our Guest Bloggers Blog at http://dolguestposts.blogspot.com/ It's simple to do. All you have to do is pick out one of the themes that we have done (or the current one) and email us at degrees.of.life.blog@gmail.com Include your posting (and any pictures if you want them), your name, and if you have a blog give us the link so we can feature you! Also, I made a vlog for it and here it is::
Okay and that's enough, now for my post! =]

passion flower
Passion and Virginity. The two sometimes collide, if you're lucky. For me, losing my v-card had no passion or romance in it whatsoever. I literally lost it in the back of a car in a church parking lot. I know, I'm going to hell. As much as I would have liked to have my first time be some magical moment, I'm almost glad that it wasn't. By not having it be magical and passionate and romantic, it gave me the sense that it's overrated. Now, I'm not saying that it's not fun, because it is. But now, I only want to give that part of me to someone I truly care about and who cares about me just as much or more. Now, I do believe that you shouldn't partake in that act without having feelings for each other. I do think that it is a very intimate act and it should be done with people that care for you. And yes, I am going to tell my kids to wait until they actually care for someone rather than getting into the back seat of a car with a guy who is a total "Barney Stinson pre-Robin." Because I do think that it is important.

 Passion isn't always about sex. It could be about things that you are passionate about. Now, as most of you know that my biggest passion is writing. It makes me happy and it's therapeutic. I not only write in this blog, but I have a personal blog ( EdenKaye ) but I also have a writer's journal blog ( A Red Head Writer's Journal ). I do not update every day, but I am getting better. I also write stories. Currently I have about 20 unfinished stories that I would like to finish and maybe hopefully get published. I am also collaborating on a book with Tracey (yes, the very Tracey that is also on here =] ). Tracey and I have a blast when we are writing our book. I'm also trying to get on the Newspaper at school. Writing is just an all around great thing.

Anyways, I know this is a short post from me. But I have a lot of homework to go do.
Much love to all of you!
xoxo
Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. love it! totally agree. I can definitely relate to this. I feel the same. I can definitely tell my kids that I know from experience it is important to wait for someone you reallly care for. :) I love your passion for sure!

    ReplyDelete