Sunday, September 25, 2011

Disney Princesses



I love love love Disney films. Mostly the 2-D movies I grew up watching constantly. It makes me sad how Disney doesn't make their films in 2-D anymore. I feel like more time and love went into those films as opposed to churning out as many films they can possible produce. (Toy Story trilogy and Tangled are awesome though!) My favorite Disney songs are "Part of Your World", "If I Never Knew You", "A Whole New World", and the entire soundtrack of Mulan and Hercules. Your singing is so pretty Éli~!




The Disney Princess I am most like is Belle. A total bookworm who is bored with the small town she lives in.  A caregiver, always looking after her family. I like Disney's portrayal of Beauty & the Beast the best. Others' versions paint Belle as weak and passive. But Disney's Belle stands up for herself, even to a beast who is obviously superior in physical strength. And she is loyal through and through.


My Brother & Me 93'

Since I work at a fabric store, lots of parents are coming in with their children to buy fabric and patterns for their Disney costumes. Rapunzel and Alice is pretty popular due to the recent movies. But it's nice to see kids wanting to be the oldies. Just today a little girl and her brother were getting costumes made of Belle and Beast. Disney is ageless. I enjoy them as much as the first time I saw them when I was little.

<3 Tiff

4 comments:

  1. aww thanks :).
    You work at a fabric store?! JEALOUS. I definitely am going to be dressing up as Jasmine for Halloween even when I'm like...25. When I have kids, I'm going to be Jasmine, my husband is Aladdin, and my kid will probably be Abu. already decided xD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. It warms my heart that the movies we grew up with are still pretty popular! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love belle. she's so wonderful. =] I feel like I have to have a disney marathon one day soon.

    ReplyDelete