Thursday, June 23, 2011

... And I can see Russia from my house


       If there was one woman that I would say I have a girl crush on it would have to be Tina Fey. I really wish I was her some days. She is a brilliant, hilarious, beautiful woman.

Let me explain... I will admit that I really never watched much of Saturday Night Live before the 2008 Presidential election.  But with that said, it is also very important to know that I was a journalism major and political science minor. This was our bread and butter. Being a lover of great comedy at that point in time.. it was the absolute best time ever. I was getting to cover opinions about the campaigns, learn about it, and laugh hysterically watching clips in between. The skits that Saturday Night Live did about the candidates were absolutely hilarious... Amy Poehler as Hillary Clinton, Tina Fey as Sarah Palin... oye. It just got me right where I needed during sleepless nights due to an overload of too many committee positions, too many credit hours, and too much to do as an editor of the university newspaper.

One of the other girls that was in the national honor society with me and I actually dressed up as Sarah Palin and Tina Fey as Sarah Palin for Halloween.




Anyway, after I got hooked on Tina Fey's portrayal of Sarah Palin I could not stop keeping track of her. I would freak out at any interview I could catch of her. She is seriously hilarious in every word she speaks. It really helped me keep my joy. I know I have said I have gone through a lot of stuff in my life. One thing that I pride myself on is that I've never stopped laughing. There may have been my low points. But I have always bounced back quite quickly. Laughter, in my mind, is the best medicine a person could get.

Tina Fey is also something else that I love. She is a writer. She is a brilliant writer. She may not have written a fictional novel. But she has written for several hilarious shows that have brought my life joy. I love to write. That is the main reason I wanted to join in on this group blog. I hope to be able to use my passion for words and writing in the career that I find. (Also, as basically a communications major and a member of the Wangler family... I love television... it is almost unhealthy... but I LOVE television... entertainment.)

I really, really wish that I had the words that Tina does. One thing that is really missing to me is to be as funny as I want to be in my writing. I wish that I could be as funny as her. Because like I said...if I could bring together the worlds of political news, writing and comedy all together I think i just may be the happiest person alive.

Something else I really love about Tina Fey is her resilience. She always has an answer. It does not matter what the situation. For example, go to this link.  She has, obviously, received some interesting criticism. But what does she do? She uses her humor and sarcasm and writes back to these lovely people. These responses had me rolling. If only I could have the lady balls to write messages like that to people that have been rude to me. "Lady Balls" is a term Stephanie and I like to use to describe that intense confidence and comfortability in oneself to stand up for themselves. "Lady Balls" are that powerful "man" feeling... where you are in control of what affects you. She has definitely got some lady balls.

Plus, I think she has got it down by being a complete nerd, yet looking absolutely gorgeous!



She may be just a comedian to some. But, to me, she is an incredibly smart businesswoman. I aspire to be as great a woman as her. She holds true to her personality and what she believes. She gets to do exactly what she is good at and has a passion for AND she gets to write in a non-serious matter for a living.

It may seem silly, but Tina Fey is one of my idols.


<3 Tracey

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! And I love Tina Fey!! She's wonderful!
    I also love the "Lady Balls" part. haha <3

    love you
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I love Tina Fey :3 She's brilliant. I've loved her ever since I found out she did the screenplay for Mean Girls.
    -Vicki

    ReplyDelete