Saturday, June 25, 2011

Idolize It

When I think about what an "idol" is, I see it as someone to whom you are extremely devoted. You love everything about that person. Hell, you might even want to be that person. It's hard for me to choose a single person as my idol because there isn't any one person who has all the qualities I admire/hope to have in myself. Instead, I find traits and qualities I like in many different people.

Love yourself for who you are...
Marilyn Monroe overcame starting out in a bad situation (she spent much of her young life in foster homes) and grew up to become one of the biggest icons of her time. She was an actress, a singer, a model, and NOT a size zero. Marilyn was an absolutely beautiful and charming woman and it would be impossible not to idolize her at least a little bit. (Plus she stars in Some Like It Hot...c'mon, it's a classic!) She stayed true to herself and still made it to fame and fortune.



Be unique...
Lady Gaga. She's 25 years old and is already one of the most powerful and influential women in the world all because she had a dream and never gave up on herself. She writes her own music and lyrics, goes out of her way to please her fans, and she puts on a hell of a good performance on tour- non-stop dancing and no lip-syncing (I would know, I've definitely seen her live at least three times so far!) Some people find her outfits a little weird and/or crazy, but I like that! Dare to be different! Fashion is art, and even if I'm not a fan of meat dresses props to her for going all out!



Remain modest...
Although Audrey Hepburn is known as one of the best actresses of all time, she was always extremely modest about her talent. She was humble and gracious about her career as an actress even though she has numerous awards to back it up (two Academy Awards, two Tonys, one SAG Award, one Emmy, two Golden Globes, and countless other nominations and awards). Not only was she an accomplished actress, but she was also a humanitarian! *Sigh* who wouldn't want to be like Audrey Hepburn?


These are only three of a vast amount of people I look up to... As an aspiring actress, I hope I can draw inspiration from these lovely ladies and someday be half as good as they are!

xo Mel

P.S. thought this was pretty cute...

1 comment:

  1. This was such a great post! I, too, love Lady Gaga and Audrey. And my best friend's idol is Marilyn. xo

    ReplyDelete