Sunday, June 12, 2011

Orange Roses To Match My Hair

Comforts. Everyone has them and everyone's is different. Everyone has discomforts. And everyone can start to get too comfortable in a relationship. I know I did. A couple nights ago, I was pushing Sean away. I was too comfortable. We always do the same thing every night, except on Thursdays (which is bar night) and then on the random party night. I was getting too comfortable. And I think he was, too.

So, I told him on Friday night about it and I guess I freaked him out a bit too much. Apparently, he was a wreck at work the next morning. Well, after work he came over and we went to a grad party and then we went to our neighbor's party (which was a blast!) Sometime while I was eating food (another comfort for me) Sean stepped out and he called me about twenty minutes later and told me to come by my house. So I walked over to my house and he's hopping out of his car and he has flowers with him. Flowers always make me feel better. So I asked him, "What are these for?" and he replied, "Because I felt like giving you flowers and I hadn't gotten you flowers in a while. But, I couldn't find tulips, so I got you orange roses to match your hair." 
The orange roses Sean got me <3

Within that moment I realized something. Yes, we get into a comfortable periods in our relationship, but if I didn't have him in my life, I would be lost. I would be a wreck. He has done so much for me. And he cares about me more than life itself. I realized then at that moment, that Sean himself, is one of my comforts. 

Comforts. Everyone has them. And everyone's are different. Some have a meaning to them and some are just because they make you feel better. One of my biggest comforts just so happens to be my boyfriend. However, until last night, I didn't even realize that he was one of my comforts. I am thankful that this happened and that I realized that last night.

And now, I'm off to go have some food =]
xoxo
Stephanie

2 comments:

  1. This is such a connectable writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I couldn't find tulips, so I got you orange roses to match your hair."
    awwwwwww~ such a sweet post

    ReplyDelete