Thursday, August 4, 2011

Avoiding the unavoidable



You know how when you are walking around in life avoiding any decision possible? You just avoid having to make a decision like the plague. You are just trying to enjoy life and not think about the bad that has happened. Basically you are (in a sorta complicated way) trying to heal yourself while not moping around.

But then it happens... someone forces you to think about your feelings. You are forced to make a decision on how to handle it.

Okay, so maybe this is just me. Recently, I was given some information by a very close friend of mine from college. I was forced to make a decision on how to handle it when he decided to come visit me.

It is easy to avoid it when they are aren't around, I have found. I like to take things as they go. In my mind- the last thing I have been thinking about lately is who I have feelings for. So, this heap of information bombarded me and my *simpleness*.



I finally came to the conclusion-that really was quite simple because it is how I am- that I just had to be completely honest. I especially wanted to be honest because he is one of my best friends from college and more like a brother to me.

I maybe have felt a bit uncomfortable and not been able to hide it, but I did stay true to myself and told him how I was feeling. Things are getting back on track now...I think.



Even when you try to avoid it at all costs life is full of an infinity amount of decisions to be made. They may not  feel like they are decisions because they come so naturally to us and are ultimately a part of what makes us who we are. But they are decision nonetheless.

Have a great weekend all!

<3 Tracey

Oh and just so you all know Stephanie and I will be switching days starting with next week. I will be on Sunday and Steph with be posting on Thursdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment