Wednesday, August 24, 2011

No Sexy Times for You

If you had asked me this question in high school, I probably would've had a very different answer.  But I'm answering it now, and I have to say...I'm not so much uncomfortable with my sexuality as much as I just don't give a crap about it.  Weird, right?

My sister's boyfriend was over at the apartment just now.  I have a very strict no PDA policy in the apartment because PDA just lacks so much class to me.  I hate when people do it because I feel like it's so disrespectful.  They kept trying to be sneaky and go into corners or out of sight (stepping to the left of the door so the wall was between me and them) and canoodling and I wasn't having any of that.  I don't think of myself as a cockblocker even though that's DEFINITELY what I was doing.  Later I walked out of my room of the apartment to see her patting him on the butt and him thrusting his groin in her direction in an unmistakeable pantomime.  I glared at the two of them and growled, "Stop." They stopped.

I'm not going to hold any context back.  I'm single, happy being single, and don't really care about "getting some." But I know a lot of people do.   College is stereotypically a time where we're supposed to explore our sexuality. Which I can't help but feel is gross

So I guess in a way I'm comfortable being uncomfortable about my sexuality.  I like to keep things clean and simple and am way too occupied with everything else to add on top of that contraception and "looking for a mate" and all that other stuff that goes along with it.  I get my happy kicks in other ways (a.k.a. television). 

Are you comfortable being uncomfortable about your sexuality?
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment