Monday, August 1, 2011

Weighing the Pros & Cons

First of all, apologies if this is short. This isn't a day when I really want to talk at great lengths about things like decisions. You can find all the dirty details of my day at my personal blog (see info at end of blog).

I'm not big on making decisions. At least in a way that people like. You see, I'm what they call "impulsive" -- I act on feeling versus logic, never think it through, etc.. Yeah, that's me in a nutshell, I have rationalising and I hate logically weighing the pros and cons of a choice.

Well, that doesn't always necessarily do the very best for me. In other words, being "impulsive" usually ends up meaning "why don't you ever use your brain, Vicki?" which is pretty understandable and I often think that too after I put my foot in my mouth about fifty times in one sitting by jumping on the whole "listen to your heart" train.

Being impulsive has led to frequent breakdowns, panic attacks, and even a couple big fights in my relationships with people. It's not a good habit, even though some of the time I do manage to work things out so that they end nicely and not in a train wreck.

I guess when it comes down to it, all I can really tell you is to carefully analyse a situation. Don't just go for something because it sounds like a brilliant idea first glance, actually think about it. I've been dealing with a personal choice of my own for the last few weeks that I finally decided to sit and talk about with the other person it involves. Acting on an impulse in this instance could seriously hurt me emotionally in the long run, so I've weighed out the pros and cons and put the ball in another person's court this time to let them have their say so I can make that final call. And I know ultimately what I've decided in this instance, but I'm not going to go for it until I find out what I want to know.

So, again, my apologies for the rather short and choppy post that is tonight's message. It hasn't been a good day and you can find a short blurb here on my personal blog. It's just been a really long day and I'm exhausted.

I hope everyone's doing well and has a lovely week.

Vicki xxx

1 comment: