Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lady Balls and Amazon Calls

Lady Balls. This is one of my very favorite phrases to use as of late. It is something to be desired, I think. Some always have them, some lose them temporarily only to find them in an epiphany of sorts, and some will just never have them.

When we speak of men that just lack that manly I'm-going-to-take-care-of-this quality, we sometimes tend to say they need to "grow some balls." One of our other writers here, Steph, and I have spoken about this topic on occasion. But we speak of it in terms of the amazonian WOMAN quality. Woman can definitely have balls. Yes, I said it. It may not be physiological, but it sure is true mentally and emotionally. We can exude a sense of bad assery (excuse my language) that I can only describe as "lady balls."

I was actually reminded of this recently while reading a book series called The Hunger Games. This series, which I am not all the way through quite yet, follows a young girl that has HUGE lady balls. She is constantly in defiance of the rules the Capitol has over the people. She does what it takes to survive or save her fellow people.


I am not going to give anything way in this post because I really want everyone to read these books for themselves. They are something quite special. But that is besides the point here.

The main character in these books has had a lot go on in her life. She was born into a pretty poor group of people and at a young age lost her father in a mining accident. She frequently ventures into the forest that is off limits (she could be killed for doing this). She cracks me up constantly because she is so hell-bent on helping others that she won't even accept TWO boys' feelings for her. She runs like the wind away from feelings of those kind. She actually seems sort of pissed that someone would force her to deal with those feelings. But eventually you see her character grow.

The thing I admire about her character is that no matter what happens to her she pushes through. She doesn't like to sit idle in her sorrow. She moves forward towards something productive. Obviously, this is a hard task for anyone to follow through. But I see plenty of people deal with their lot in life in a similar manner.

Steph and I have spoken about how after getting out of terrible relationships we got our lady balls back and realized what we deserved. I think those types of situations definitely apply. They may not be as dramatic as what happens in The Hunger Games, but it sure does affect ones demeanor and confidence.

Lady balls involve a great amount of self-worth, confidence, and generosity in my mind. It may sound slightly grotesque to some but I would say loud and proud that I love my lady balls!

I can feel my lady balls flexing lately. There is nothing like working through a tough situation and learning how to focus on something else. It is amazing how having those lady balls we are speaking of this week can make a situation so much better.

I  have recently gone through a sort of dramatic, you might say, break-up. It stopped me from thinking for a few days. But thanks to my lady balls I realized what was going on and left in the first place, and then was able to bounce out of it after a few days... getting back to business. In my case, they really helped me focus on the people in my life and the goal that I wanted to work towards. No distractions to deter me, now. I can feel them as if after a tough workout because now I have this fantastic blog. I am working on a book collaboration. I found a job. I will be saving up money, and fighting for a chance to use my passion for and skills in writing in my career. Flex those lady balls! Flex!

Have a great week everyone!
<3 Tracey

1 comment: