Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Ever Changing Me

It's funny. When people ask you to tell them more about yourself you could list of a bunch of descriptions that you or others think of you. Many of those words just alone are not particular to you but put them together and they bring part of your personality to life.

Certain ways to describe a person are permanent fixtures in their personality. But like many say one thing that is constantly changing is people. This is not to say that prominent facets of a person's personality will change.  But it isn't impossible.

I think this is why some of the second chances, rekindled romances, and once broken friendships happen. If one is willing to change the things that are a problem in oneself, they definitely can change. That can be attributed to experiences in life. Take a rekindled romance... If there is such love for this person that they have been through things with they may change the things that were a problem with the goal in mind to get that person back.

Moreover, experiences have a great affect on the way one may react to other things in one's life. It could possibly not affect the core of someone's personality. But it usually does affect what happens when faced with similar situations.

I do, however, think there is partly a way to control that as well.  We can choose to not let things that happen in our lives affect how the rest of our life goes. But to contrast that as well (hehe) sometimes there are things quite traumatic that we cannot possibly control how we deal with those sort of emotions.

All in all, life is ever changing just as who we are is ever changing. The one thing I think stays constant about each person is their core personality. For example, I have always been a sort of "pushover" or generous person. To what extent has changed through the years. I tend to like to help people out. But when I was younger and A LOT more shy all I really wanted was for people to like me. So I would do whatever people wanted.  Now I don't normally do "anything" people want. There are certain people I would drop anything for but not everyone falls under this category anymore. That isn't to say that I don't help people that need it. But I think that is one way to exemplify how one can change yet still stay the same at the core.

Peace all

<3 Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment