Sunday, July 24, 2011

Marry Me

Marry Me by Train
"Forever can never be long enough for me  Feel like I've had long enough with you  Forget the world now we won't let them see  But there's one thing left to do  Now that the weight has lifted  Love has surely shifted my way  Marry Me  Today and every day  Marry Me  If I ever get the nerve to say  Hello in this cafe  Say you will  Mm-hmm  Say you will  Mm-hmm  Together can never be close enough for me Feel like I am close enough to you  You wear white and I'll wear out the words I love  And you're beautiful  Now that the wait is over  And love and has finally shown her my way  Marry me  Today and every day  Marry me  If I ever get the nerve to say hello in this cafe  Say you will  Mm-hmm  Say you will Mm-hmm  Promise me  You'll always be  Happy by my side  I promise to  Sing to you  When all the music dies  And marry me  Today and everyday  Marry me  If I ever get the nerve to say hello in this cafe  Say you will  Mm-hmm  Say you will  Marry me  Mm-hmm"






Marriage. Marriage means a lot to different people. Some people don't even believe in marriage. Me? I do. I believe in love. In fate. In companions. Marriage is very important to me. It's about finding that right person to spend your life with. To make a family with. To cherish and to hold. To take care of and be taken care of. About making a house and a living together. Does it matter if that person is a man or a woman? Not to me. It matters if that person is right for you. Do they complete you? Do they make you want to be better? Do they inspire you? Do they make you feel alive? Do they make you happy? Do they love you? And most importantly, do you love them?






It's a lot to think about and a lot to put on a checklist, but marriage is nothing to take for granted. Yes it's about romance and security and a whole bunch of things but it is also about you. You need to have a checklist otherwise who knows what you'll be getting yourself into. I couldn't imagine marrying someone that I didn't love and didn't love me as much or more. My husband (yes, husband. but if I was gay I'd have a wife. I don't discriminate) will make me happy. He will complement me and complete me. We will be made for each other. There will be romance. There will be security with each other. That doesn't mean that it's about the money, but we will secure each other. Take care of each other. Have a family.






I had this plan when I was younger. Married by 22 and have my first child by 24. That's obviously not going to happen. I mean, I guess it could, but it's not realistic. My boyfriend, Sean, I can see myself marrying him and spending the rest of my life with him. And yes, there is a possibility that we could get married in the next few years. Engaged, most definitely. But it's also about compromising. He may be ready to call me his and marry me but he's not ready for children any time soon. After we get married he'd like for it to be just us two for a little bit. And it makes sense. Newlyweds do need their time for each other. And I would like to be married for at least 2 years before having kids. So, I will sacrifice what I want and have it at a later time rather than not having it all. You do that when you're in love. He sacrifices a lot for me as well.






Marriage is very important to me. Some people think that it's just a piece of paper. But to me, it's so much more. It's a pledge of love and commitment. It's a special bond. One of my biggest fears is not getting married. Am I the only one in that boat?


Anyways, just some rambling about marriage =]
xo
Stephanie


P.S. Have a good week, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Love this! Such a beautiful post! I do indeed have that same fear! Lol I also used to have this silly little plan get married by 24 have kids the next year. Haha that is obviously not happening either. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh also my best friend from high school got married in April and their first dance was to Marry Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete