Tuesday, July 12, 2011


Three For the Price of One


My Laptop crashed about two weeks ago and is taking much longer than anticipated to be un-crashed: P So today I will be playing catch up with the themes. Thankfully they are all themes I find interesting. I have also added a song suggestion that relate to each theme. 






Zodic Signs: The Virgin

Virgo! All day every day, unless Virgo has a crappy horoscope reading that day, then I am a Virgo with a hint of Libra. Therefore that hint entitles me to inherit Libras good fortune for the day. When I was younger I read my horoscope religiously, I would frantically decode them each morning before homeroom and let them manifest into my actions for the day. Now I realize what an unhealthy habit it actually was. It got to the point where I would let it dictate how well a relationship I was in was going. If my horoscope suggested I should be weary of anything then I was. I did what it took to make my horoscope evolve from simple novelty foretelling to proven fact. Being categorized into one of twelve signs is too general a classification, especially if you are going to let this alter your state of mind. However, I must admit I still indulge in this guilty pleasure of mine from time to time; I just throw a spin on it. I live my day first and read my horoscope before bed. This allows me to have my cake and eat it too.
Tegan and Sara: Dancing in the Dark

Body Image: Her Mangina
She is a twenty one year old schizophrenic with the healthiest sense of self worth I have ever personally known. In her twenty one years of living she has never once been on a diet, taken dietary supplements and or exercised in hopes of improving her body image. I questioned her according to my insecurities, since we are about the same weight. I compared her level of confidence to mine and the contrast was evident. I am nineteen and have a list of things I wish I could change about myself; I have this illusion that in the accomplishment of those changes hides happiness and satisfaction. She on the other hand lets life happen to her. She has gained weight over the last ten months due to pills she must take in order to control her mental illness, yet she is unfazed by it. At first I thought there was something wrong with her, how could someone who had a decent body gain weight carelessly and never once bring up the necessity to diet. I was more concerned with her weight than she had ever been. So, the one with the issue here was clearly me, me and my obsessive tendency to criticize rather than accept. In a sense she is the one who is perfectly sane.
India Arie: Video

Shame: Love Me Do
I have never been dumped but I am always heartbroken. I have a seventeen and a thirteen year old sister and had they followed my path to love they too would be lost and alone at this moment. I was a late bloomer in the world of dating. I considered it a strategy in fact, taking that time to find myself before I began looking for someone else. That time turned into fear, I began running from possible suitors and sometimes even hiding between false reasoning. I am ashamed that I can’t seem to love genuinely or entirely. My sisters are currently in relationships, I over hear them fight on the phone and they always seem to work it out. If I ever fought with a boyfriend that would be our first and last fight, I wish I had come to some beautiful realization but I’m still working on it. I believe I have found myself for the most part, or as much of myself as anyone can hope to have found at this point of their life. I'm ashamed that I never evolved into the sultry relationship guru every younger sister seeks advise from. I'm ashamed I lack esteem in the one part of life the rest of my family seems to have been born with.
Jazmine Sullivan: Lions, Tigers and Bears

Camii




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful words, glad you were able to share them with us!! I loved this post. The song suggestions were brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree that the song suggestions are brilliant. =] wonderful post! so glad that you're back!

    xo

    ReplyDelete